CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT – COMPLIANCE NOTICE
Homeowners Marketing Services, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “HMS”, “We’ or “Us”) is a leading provider of lists of real property transfer and financing transactions. Our clients are mostly small businesses who wish to address the needs of new or existing homeowners, by offering products or services frequently needed by such persons.
The vast majority of the information we collect is from public records, recorded in local county recorders’ offices.
We understand and respect every person’s right to, or desire for, privacy.
We fully intend to comply with those aspects of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) which apply to us and have sought the advice of legal counsel to assist us in such compliance.
As required by the CCPA, we take reasonable steps to maintain the security of information we collect, whether from public records, or otherwise. We recognize our obligation to provide California job applicants, current and former employees and independent contractors with certain pre-collection notices of our data practices.
We do not have full CCPA obligations because: (1) the lists which we sell of recorded real estate transfers and financing transactions are obtained from public records and thus are not within the definition of “Personal Information” as set forth in the CCPA; (2) we provide only business-to-business products and services and do not offer such directly to consumers and (3) when we do collect personal information from or about consumers, it is only in one of the contexts exempted by the CCPA: (1) data processed with us only acting as s service provider; (2) data regulated and protected by other laws; (3) data which is lawfully made available from federal, state or local government records; and (4) data that is de-identified or aggregated.
2. Information Collection & Usage. Individuals may visit the HMS websites without disclosing any personal information. We may track the activity of visitors to these websites in order to analyze trends monitor and to improve and refine the functionality of the websites. When used for these purposes, data is aggregated and is not stored in any personally identifiable form. Visitors may also contact us via e-mail. Upon receipt of such e-mail, our website collects the sender’s return e-mail address. HMS uses such return address to respond to inquiries or comments it receives. However, HMS does not share with, or sell to, third-parties personal information obtained from visitors who send e-mail to HMS.
3. Contact Forms. We do not share or sell any information left on our contact forms to any third-party. All information you provide via contact forms is consumed internally only and only for the purpose of contacting you in the matter for which you completed the form.
4. Browser Information. We collect information from visitors to our websites including the domain names, I.P. and MAC addresses, browsers information and other unique identifiers of such visitors. We use this information only to measure the use of our websites and develop improvement to website content.
6. Data We Collect. The data we collect from public records concerning real property transfers or financing transactions is as follows:
- Recording Date
- Home Sale Price or Loan Amount
- Loan Type
- Lender Name
- Gender (as shown by the name on the recorded document)
- Ethnicity (estimated from the information shown on the recorded document)
- Telephone Number (obtained from publicly listed sources)
7. Your Right To Opt-Out. We do not mail directly, so if you have reached us, its most likely because a company using our list sent you an offer to provide goods or services. We understand that you may not wish to receive such offers and you have the right to request that you be removed from our mailing list. You can make such request by clicking here. When making such request on the form provided, please be sure to use the information exactly as it appears on the direct mail item that you had received. Providing any information which is even slightly different could result in a failure to locate your information and have it removed.
8. Purchases. If you make a purchase from us by way of credit card, the relevant data will be securely transmitted to our third-party vendor who provides payment processing services. The information will be provided over a secured (encrypted) connection. We do not otherwise share such information. We do not sell such information to anyone.
9. California Privacy Rights. When California consumers provide personal information to a business, they have the right to request certain disclosures if that business shares personal information with third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. Once per calendar year, the consumer may request that the business provide a list of companies with which it shared personal information for those companies’ direct marketing purposes and a list of the categories of personal information that the business shares. As stated above, we do not collect information directly from consumers, nor do we sell products or services directly to California consumers. The information we collect is obtained from publicly available information and our list is sold on a business-to-business basis, i.e. such lists are a product of our business sold to other businesses.
10. Children’s Privacy Rights. Our website is not intended to be used by children under the age of 18. We request that individuals under the age of 18 do not submit any information to our website, whether for the purpose of making purchases or otherwise. If we determine that we have received information which identifies the provider of such to be under the age of 18, we will delete such information.